Price and quality are the priority when purchasing a product. People are satisfied when the product gets enough quality, so here Apple’s iMac wins because all the goods of Apple are well-built and their software too. Apple sells the best and sleek looking products in various forms like phones, computers, tablets, etc.. But the price is a bit higher on every product that Apple sells. So here Hackintosh takes charge of the price range.
Hackintosh is a computer that runs with Apple’s Operating System(MacOS). In Hackintosh, the specification of the computer is up to the user. They can customize the components as they want. So the price varies between the components that are chosen by the user. In here Logicbugs presents you a $700 Hackintosh that beats the iMac.
iMac is an all in one computer that Apple sells. In 2017 finally, Apple has upgraded their iMac lineup with 7th generation Kabylake processors. The other factor is that they also didn’t update their accessories such as the magic mouse, magic keyboard, and magic trackpad they only add a color option for the newer models. The performance is fixed on iMac we can’t overclock the CPU to get more performance from it. So here are advantage comings to the hackintosh because we can customize our components as we need. In the same price range, we can purchase even better products like now I brought the hackintosh.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 (Upgrade to the i7 Processor) 7th Gen Intel Core Processor.
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 (Upgrade to 64GB).
- Storage: 1TB Fusion Drive (Upgrade to 3TB).
- Graphics: Radeon Pro 580.
- Running with Mac OS Sierra.
For all components that you are upgrading will increase the total price of your product.
- Motherboard – Gigabyte GA H270N WIFI (Buy It From Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA )
- Processor– Intel Core i5 7600 ( Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA )(Can also install the Intel Core i7, Intel Xeon, and Intel i3, processors.)
- CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-L9i ( Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA )
- Graphics– Intel HD Graphics 630 GT2 (Can install various Graphics Cards Such as NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080Ti)(Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA ).
- RAM– Corsair Vengence 8GB 2400Mhz (Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA )(Upgrade up to 64GB).
- WiFi & BT– Apple original BCM94360CS2 Card with M.2 NGFF Adapter(The motherboard already has a WiFi. This Card is only for Hackintosh users).
- Case – Streacom F1C Evo WS (You can choose as your own).
- SSD– Samsung 850 Evo 250GB (Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA )(Upgrade up to 2TB M.2 SSD).
- HDD- 2 TB Seagate 2.5″ Drive (Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA )
- Power Supply- HDPlex 160W US, DE or PicoPSU 160xt Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA with 240W Dell AC Adapter (Amazon US, UK, DE, FR, IN, CA )
- Running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 and Windows 10 (Can install Linux, Ubuntu, RemixOS, etc..)
When upgrading the components, the price also changes. In hackintosh, we can choose components to our needs and also can install multiple operating systems on this computer along with mac os.
- Best Quality products
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Easy MacOS upgradability
- iMac comes with pre-installed MacOS with some additional applications.
- Beautifully designed
- All in one computer that comes with a display, speaker, keyboard, and mouse.
- Cheaper than iMac
- Quality will be based on the components we choose.
- Each component has its customer support options.
- Can install multiple operating systems such as Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu, Linux, RemixOS, etc..
- Customization is the primary benefits of Hackintosh.
- The design is up to the Chase that we choose.(Streacom f1c is a small and beautiful chase that made with full aluminum. There are also many Chasis that provides excellent quality and design)
- The other components should be purchased separately like Display, Keyboard, Mouse, Speaker(This is best because we can choose the best products)
- Portability (When we buy a small build then we can carry it where ever we want)
- Can be used in multi purpose like watching movies, playing games, as a workstation, use as a television, etc..
- More options when Upgrading. Like each component can be updated separately.
- More connectivity options.
When it comes to the performance, we know that iMac is still using the stock CPU clock speed and as the result iMac is still slower than the newest hackintosh. As we know that Hackintosh can be customized as we want so the performance will depend on the components we choose. Here I am comparing the early 2015 iMac, which has the Intel’s 4th Generation i5 4690 Processor and the Hackintosh with the 7th generation Intel Core i5 7600 processor. Both are running the latest version of MacOS Sierra with 8GB of RAM. Let’s check the geek bench score on both iMac and Hackintosh so you can understand it more easily.
Storage speed also makes the computer faster, In iMac, it uses the fusion drive whereas in Hackintosh we are using Samsung 850 Evo SSD as the Bootable drive. We can also add SSD to the iMac, but it cost some more money. The disk speed is measured using an application called Blackmagic Disk Speed Test.
After the final result, we can see that Hackintosh is faster than the iMac in all the ways. What do you think? If you still want to purchase iMac then click here.
The 2017 iMac is a better computer that released by Apple because they upgraded it with the Intel’s 7th generation processors. The primary factor of Apple is the display. The 5K Retina display is the main attraction of iMacs, so the consumers and editors like me have still preferred iMac over Hackintosh, but the lack of customization is a pain here. The new Retina display has the 600Nits and also have the P3 color profile, so it is a visual treat for all of us. When comparing to the Hackintosh, iMac 2017 is equal sometimes it takes the lead because of the features.
In 2017 Apple announced the all new iMac Pro with up to 18 Core Intel Xeon Processor. The iMac Pro has the 16GB of Vega Graphics that gives you a 22 Teraflops of graphics performance. After the release of iMac Pro, Hackintosh will be nothing in front of it. Because the whole power is just packed in a single computer with all components including the display, that is a fantastic piece of innovation, right? Think about this, What do you think is that iMac Pro can replace Hackintosh? Leave a comment below.